Default Bogged down by internet planning!

My family and I (two boys aged 8 and 7) are very excited to be making our first visit to the USA this summer. We are planning a 3 week trip starting and finishing in Las Vegas (29 July to 17 August) with an intinerary as follows:
    2 x Las Vegas, Barstow/Calico, Kernville, 2 x Sequoia, ?, 2 x Yosemite, 2 x San Francisco, Monterey, 2 x Cayucos, 3 x other coast, Tehchapi, 2 x Las Vegas.

I have hired the rv - following your advice -and have booked some of the rv sites (including North Pines and Lodgepole in the National Parks). I was hoping you could suggest somewhere for us to overnight between Sequoia and Yosemite that might break up the scenery and perhaps give us an "All American" experience. The internet information on this area is very sparse. I am still researching the overnights we take on the coast so if anyone has any suggestions for rv sites they would also be much appreciated.

Thank you for this site and forum - I have had hours of fun cruising with you already. Rachel

Default Sam's Town in LV

Quote Originally Posted by rdungworth View Post
    My family and I (two boys aged 8 and 7) are very excited to be making our first visit to the USA this summer.
    Thanks for doing some reading on the Forum -- that is always gratifying! Welcome to the Great American RoadTrip Forum!
    I have hired the rv - following your advice
    Be sure to print out this checklist and have it with you as you being your travels.
    I was hoping you could suggest somewhere for us to overnight between Sequoia and Yosemite that might break up the scenery and perhaps give us an "All American" experience.
    Well, first before you get to Yosemite -- I would suggest the 49er RV Park (for some reason the site is not loading) so you can enjoy Columbia State Historical Park.It is a real California Gold Rush Park! For the park between Yosemite and Sequoia -- I would recommend Spring Cove on Bass Lake.

For campgrounds in Las Vegas -- the consensus amongst current RV/Forum members is either Sam's Town on the Boulder Strip or The Oasis near I-15 (the pools are nicer at the Oasis, in my opinion), but there is more to do for kids at Sam' Town.

Mark