1. Default from New Jersey to Niagara falls

Hi
    i first want to say i have never travel before. at least not this far alone. so i was wondering what is the best route and has anyone ever stayed in a HOSTELS. i have been reading on some of the places and dont know if they are safe.
    any Suggestions. any good places to stop and see? i have at least a week or two. planing on doing it this summer some time.
    thanks
    tee

Default Hostels are as safe as motels

Quote Originally Posted by Tee View Post
    i first want to say i have never travel before. at least not this far alone. so i was wondering what is the best route and has anyone ever stayed in a HOSTELS.
    Here is a good overview about staying in hostels -- Welcome to the Great American RoadTrip Forum. Here are some suggestions that could be on your route.

Mark

Default Try it, you might like it

I stayed in the Hostelling International Hostel in Washington, DC. It was very safe, lots of young travellers around, so it's quite exciting if you want to meet people from everywhere :)
    I stayed in a dormitory style room. It was big enough to get around in, bunk style beds, pretty welcoming after a long day of exploring. There's a lock for every room and lockers you could put your things in.
    The showers are like those you'll get in a pool house, very basic. If you want to beat the line, wake up early! It was pretty clean throughout the hostel.
    The staff seems to be there at all hours and are usually very friendly with loads of tips for the area.
    My only bad experience was that the other people who were in my room came in at 2am and were loud and drunk. sigh. win some, lose some!

other than that, the experience was pretty good. The location usually is right in the heart of things.
    I would suggest that you try it, at least once.