1. Default Milwaukee to Points East and West in Seven Days

Milwaukee to El Paso to Vicksburg:
    Is it possible to the above trip in 7 days? I'm experienced with road trips and will have another driver with me.

Are there any must see sights between Milwaukee and El Paso? I'm planning to visit White Sands, Carlsbad Caverns, and Guadalope Mtns.

What about El Paso to DC? Any must sees there(not including DC, I live there)? We are definetly going to see Vicksburg, other then that there is nothing planned.

This will be a one way trip done in 7 days. We don't mind doing 600+ mile days.

Any good ideas for a 7 day trip from Milwaukee to Northern VA?
    There will be 2 of us and we are willing to do 500+ miles a day. Don't want to go through Ohio or Indiana at. Also, Smokey Mtns. are not an options as we have been there already.

Is it possible to do St. Louis, Memphis, Vicksburg, New Orleans, Atlanta? What are the must sees there?

What about to the north through Canada and the NE. Maybe with a stop in northren Minnesota?

Is it possible to go west to El Paso in a week and have time to see anything?

Milwaukee to San Diego to Washington DC:
    Is this possible and what would be the best way to go to see somethings? We don't mind doing 600+ miles a day and are experinenced road trippers, the're 2 of us. Also, we don't want to see any of the sites in Utah or Colorado as we have already seen them. A drive through is alright. We would however, like to see White Sands and Carlsbad Caverns. Also, if possible Vicksburg would be nice.

Any advice would be appriciated including good sites to see.

Thanks
    Last edited by Mark Sedenquist; 04-09-2007 at 08:11 PM. Reason: I merged these three posts because they could be part of the same roadtrip

Default 600 miles a day it is!

Quote Originally Posted by gbfan View Post
    We don't mind doing 600+ miles a day
    By the shortest possible route, it is 4800 miles (Milwaukee to San Diego to Washington DC) which is 600 miles per day. It is certainly possible, but for only two drivers, it is also plenty insane. Three drivers rotating driving duties would be much safer.
    We would however, like to see White Sands and Carlsbad Caverns.
    Yep, that could be fit in, but you are going to have to "find" an extra 4-5 hours someplace.

Mark
    Last edited by Mark Sedenquist; 04-09-2007 at 07:58 PM.