Default Hostels: More Than Just a Cheap Place to Stay

I really enjoyed the new RTA Article about Hostels. I've used used hostels myself, and found my experiences were pretty similar with the author's.

My only one disagreement is that he says parking is plentiful around hostels. My experience is that parking is one of the big challenges. Often their locations are right in the heart of a city, which is great as a traveler, but does make for a more difficult trying to find a good place for your car.
    Last edited by Mark Sedenquist; 04-09-2007 at 07:59 AM. Reason: fixed broken link

Default Eventually, articles will be semi-interactive

Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Michael View Post
    I really enjoyed the new article about Hostels.
    Michael, Thanks for this update -- One of the developments are working towards will be the ability to post comments and provide enhancements to nearly all of the articles we publish. In the meantime, I appreciate your efforts at using the Forum as a way of extending this functionality to the articles in the other .html sections of the website.
    My only one disagreement is that he says parking is plentiful around hostels. My experience is that parking is one of the big challenges. Often their locations are right in the heart of a city, which is great as a traveler, but does make for a more difficult trying to find a good place for your car.
    Good point, I know that Megan is now eager, after reading this article, to try some of these hostels and so I would imagine we will be able to post a field report in the near future on one or two.

Mark

Default San Diego

Well, if you guys are looking for one to check out that's relatively close, I'd recommend visiting the one in San Diego's gaslamp district. I stayed there a few years ago and really enjoyed it.

There is still the parking issue though. I found some free on street parking several block away, but I'm pretty sure that Petco Park is now on top of those parking spaces.