1. Default Traveling I-40 from Nashville to Grand Canyon West

I am traveling this July 4th week with my parents in their mid-60's and am looking for sights between Nashville and actually Las Vegas. We leave on Friday the 29th and have rooms in Vegas on that Sunday, so Im looking at where and what to do on the first two days. It's just my 44 year old self and them so we will be enjoying each others company more than anything. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

2. Default Just 3 days?

Nashville to Las Vegas, Friday to Sunday? You don't have time to do anything but drive, sorry to be the bearer of bad news. It's approx 1790 miles. If you can stretch it out by a couple of days, then there would be time to take in some of the attractions along the way. Not otherwise. Bob

3. Default I'm a little confused

You mean to tell me leaving Nashville on Friday morning, I won't have time to see anything before I check into a hotel on Sunday night sometime. I really don't see it taking 3 full days to make the trip am I missing something?

Default Full days on the road

I think you might be underestimating the distances you need to travel here. It will take 3 very full days of travel to cover this distance.

You are going to need to cover 600 miles a day (we generally recommend a limit of 500 for a leasurely trip). Best case, if you only stopping for fuel and to take care of personal needs, you'll be looking at three straight 10.5-11 hour days on the road to cover this distance. If you stop for sit down meals, or take lots of breaks just to stretch and move around it will take even more time.

Now, you can probably fit in some quick stops and things directly along the way. But it will mean you will be on the road even longer during those days, and you won't have time to take significant detours to things like the Grand Canyon, which are well off the direct path.

5. Default Grand Canon skywalk

We have rooms for 5 nights in Vegas, I thought we could drive one day to the new sky walk I was under the impression it was only 120 miles from Vegas, I was more looking for any scenic travel route and overnight suggestions for Friday and Saturday nights.

Default Somebody is still confused here

Quote Originally Posted by dennytn1 View Post
    I was more looking for any scenic travel route and overnight suggestions for Friday and Saturday nights & We leave on Friday the 29th and have rooms in Vegas on that Sunday, so Im looking at where and what to do on the first two days.
    I am afraid we still don't understand your query. If you leave Nashville on Friday the 29th -- you will not have any time for scenic detours if you hope to reach Las Vegas by Sunday, the 1st of July.

Once you arrive in Las Vegas, there are plenty of day-trip excursions and yes, you can easily drive from Las Vegas to Grand Canyon West (to see the skywalk) the road is very, very rough.... Be prepared!

Here are several tips and suggestions for enjoying the scenic wonders around LV-- two of the stand-outs would be the Hoover Dam and Grapevine Canyon!

Mark

Default let me make sure

If I'm following you, you plan to drive straight from Nashville to Vegas over 3 days, and then during one of your days in vegas, you plan to make a daytrip out to GC West?

If that's the case, I-40 will need to be your scenic route for the trip west. Your overnight stops would fall between Fort Smith AR and OK City the first night, and then around Albq, NM the second night.

Wherever we hook the RV up. We have been full time RV'ers for about two years.

Default Fast travels

Unless you are driving a LearJet all the above posts sound about
    right on as far as driving time.

Why not take a few more days to come back to Nashville if you want
    to see the sites, that is providing you can afford to see the sites on
    your way back. LOL

Anyway, good luck and have fun.

:-)