1. Default Minnesota to North Carolina

In May, we are taking a family road trip with three little kids from Northern Minnesota to Cape Hatteras National Seashore. Does anyone have some suggestions on locations to visit in states such as West Virginia, Kentucky, Virginia, or North Carolina? Advice on an interesting route would also be appreciated. Thanks!
    Last edited by MN Explorer; 04-06-2007 at 06:24 PM. Reason: forgot something

Western/Central Massachusetts

Default Welcome!

Welcome to the RoadTrip America Forum!

Cape Hatteras is a beautiful place, and I suspect May would be an ideal time to visit since it is not in the hottest part of the Summer. One thing you will want to be aware of is the frequent wind - I know a few people that this has bothered their ears. Something to consider with young ones around.

Speaking of which, when you say "young ones", about what is the age range? This can help with suggestions.

Were you thinking of going across Kentucky through WV and into VA, then South into NC? If you planned on keeping to Interstates, it appears you had I-64 in mind. Am I close?

Kentucky, to me, is a great state to enjoy a drive in. The outskirts of Lexington on the US and state roads offer up many scenic routes, normally with little traffic and well-kept roads.

3. Default

Sorry, in taking so long to reply- my internet connection is back. The kids are 3,6,7. Do you know of any scenic routes in the Lexington, KY area and in West Virginia? Any advice is really appreciated.