RoadTrippers A & R Guest

Default Watching Car Burglars in Action Today:

I dropped off the wife at the doctors for some surgery this morning, and had a few hours to kill before I'd return to pick her up.

I sat down at Chuys Baja Broiler, and ordered a beer and looked out the window towards Golds Gym, maybe 100 yards away.

Lots of nice looking women walking in and outta the gym to and from their cars.

Then suddenly, a guy jumped outta his Lexus, and quickly and very quietly smashed several cars windows, and stuck his whole body in through the broken window, and grab'd purses.
    One car he hit the trunk release when he found no purse inside and grabbed the chix purse outta the trunk.

This whole episode was perhaps less than a minute.

I kid you not, all three cars easily robbed in about 60 seconds.

I mentioned it to the owner of Chuys and I started to call the cops, but the owner said wait a second, the lot is being watched by the cops,, and as the guy drove off in his Lexus,, the cops ran him into a curb next to Chuys, pulled him out and hooked him up.

The owner of Chuys told me when girls go into the gym, they leave their purses in the car and every thief knows that.
    He said in an hour or two, another thief will be along to do the same thing.
    It's become an epidemic here.

Sure enough, about 45 minutes later a seedy blue lowered Civic rolls into the lot,, and within 15 minutes he breaks into another car minutes after the girl owner gets out, walks into the gym without her purse, and the cops pin him too.

Hold that thought girls.

Default An entertaining moment

Quote Originally Posted by Ross & Alice View Post
    Then suddenly, a guy jumped outta his Lexus, and quickly and very quietly smashed several cars windows, and stuck his whole body in through the broken window, and grab'd purses.
    An example of real life being more entertaining than TV -- I wonder if there is a mobile automotive glass vendor monitoring this lot too?

Mark

RoadTripper Brad Guest

Default Business Op?

Quote Originally Posted by Editor
    An example of real life being more entertaining than TV -- I wonder if there is a mobile automotive glass vendor monitoring this lot too?
    You know, If I were the owner of a glass repair shop, I'd have one of my guys down there with business cards... as soon as the cops hauled the crook away, my guy would stroll the lot placing buisness cards on the windshields of every effected car simply saying 'We saw your car was broken into... and we watched the cops nab the guy. We'll be on site all day!'

I got quite a chuckle from the whole thread!
    -Brad
    Last edited by RoadTripper Brad; 04-05-2007 at 01:46 PM. Reason: add title

I came home the other day to find a dozen cars in my street had had their windows smashed. Turns out my next door neighbour saw who did it and it was a twelve year old kid. Dear me.

The police here constantly put up posters saying "don't leave things visible in your car" but it seems to have little effect. Although I heard a story recently about someone who came back to their convertible to find that someone had used it as a toilet. Ick. So there's worse things than losing your handbag I guess.