1. Default From Saint Louis to Seattle

My husband and I are traveling from St. Louis to Seattle this summer. Any ideas on which route to take? Must see places? any suggestions or ideas would be great. We are planning on spending 5-7 days driving. Thanks.

Default Welcome!

Welcome to the RoadTrip America Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by heyyo
    We are planning on spending 5-7 days driving
    Is this the planned drive for both ways or just one way?

One of the routes that we like to recommend is I-70 into Utah. From there, you could head up I-15 to I-84 (West) to I-82 and I-90 (just picking the quick routes).

Other options on your way are Yellowstone, Badlands, Mt. Rainier, Mt. St. Helens, just to name a few. What are your interests?

3. Default

Yellowstone is a must on our list. This is a one way trip for us. On our way out of St. Louis, we have stops in Kansas City and Omaha to visit some family. Other than that, we don't have much planned. We are looking for some good places to stop or some great little hotels on our route, maybe some things off the beaten path. We have thought about going north and doing the badlands, or heading west and doing Estes Park on our way to Yellowstone.

Default If you're going to Yellowstone

You might want to swing through Cody, WY, to see all the Buffalo Bill and other Old West museums there. And don't miss the Grand Tetons south of Yellowstone!

The quickest way to Seattle after Yellowstone is to go north to Bozeman, MT, and then going west on I-90. Bozeman has an amazing dinosaur museum (the Sam Neil character in Jurrasic Park was based on Jack Horner who taught/still teaches(?) at the university there. In Butte, the Copper King Mansion is worth a stop. When you get to Couer d'Alene, if you have time, swing up to Athol and enjoy a day at Silverwood....a terrific little theme park with great rides. (Since I'm an adrenaline junkie, I can't resist the roller-coasters.)

There's a lot of things to see in WA but that can wait for more weekend roadtrips after you get settled in!

Welcome to the PNW!

Mt. Rainier Nat'l park was devastated by bad winter storms this last winter. The park has been closed since the last major storm, but should re-open in time for Summer.

Default I hadn't heard that yet

Quote Originally Posted by roadkill View Post
    Mt. Rainier Nat'l park was devastated by bad winter storms this last winter.
    Do you have a URL that discusses the storm damage and other info? Thanks for this update.

Mark

Default Here it is!

The Mt. Rainier pages at the National Parks website has all the info right there on the front page. Follow the links.