1. Default Need to getaway to somewhere: Miami , Seattle , San Fran or suggestion

Hi, have you ever felt wanting to getaway but don't know where to go? My girlfriend and I are in the moment right now, we haven't done any vacation since the past 6 months of our Isle Royale trip, so we're making a plan for the next weekend.

The girl doesn't feel like she want to be the car for so long, she requested to book a flight to somewhere and rent a car to drive around. We're looking for a nice city that could make us forget Chicago where we live and work for 3 days.

We've never been to cities in the west/south coast. We'd like to try something new.

Soo, can I solicit your suggestion on interesting cities around the coasts, what to do, where to see, etc. ? We need to pick on.

Thank you
    -Kem

Default Gosh, there's dozens of good choices

Welcome to the RTA forums!

Personally, I think I would visit a website that has last-minute getaways and see what kind of deals you can get.

What do you like to do? What types of things do you like to see? Is warm weather important or would some cool weather, and maybe even rain, be OK? Are you more interested in city life or exploring the outdoors? Mountains or water? This might help us narrow it down for you.

Default Las Vegas, baby

Quote Originally Posted by romerun View Post
    The girl doesn't feel like she want to be the car for so long, she requested to book a flight to somewhere and rent a car to drive around. We're looking for a nice city that could make us forget Chicago where we live and work for 3 days.
    The city of entertainment makes a superb hub for roadtripping. Here are some ideas for explorations.

Mark

If you're planning on driving around the city, I wouldn't suggest Miami. It's been very congested every time I've been there, and the drivers tend to be rude. There is lots of great nightlife though! Miami Beach is full of great restaurants and bars.

Seattle is a personal favorite. The Pike's Place market is very fun, and the whole city is very beautiful. Awesome seafood!

If nothing else, Las Vegas is always a (relatively) cheap and fun getaway.

5. Default

thanks for all advices, I think I'll grab one of the last-minute getaway packages and research what do then.