1. Default Toronto to Boston spring road trip

We are planning to take a trip from TO to Boston amd want to stop to certain visiting places or touristic spots along the way.... What would you recommend.

Tucson, AZ

Default Two Basic Options

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

You do have a choice of two distinctly different routes between Toronto and Boston. One would be to take the QEW to Niagara Falls, and then I-90 to Boston. Highlights of this route would be Niagara Falls, a possible side trip to Letchworth State Park, the Erie Canal, and the Mohawk Trail through western Massachusetts. The other route would start out eastbound on ON-401 to Cornwall and then cross into the US to use a series of smaller roads (NY-37, NY-122, US-11, NY-374, and NY-3, NY-314, and US-2) to get to Burlington, VT. From there I-89 and I-93 would take you to Boston. Highlights of this route would be the Thousand Islands area, the Plattsburgh - Grand Isle ferry, and Quechee Gorge. Both of these routes are fairly long, 550 and 600 miles respectively, but can be done in a day if you forego any stops. If you want to see the sights along the way, you'll have to budget an extra half day to a day and plan to stay somewhere en route.