1. Default Florida to California

This is my first roadtrip in my 1 year old RV. I have used the Yahoo Travel Planner website to plan the trip. Please click on the below link and please let me know if this is a realistic trip schedule. My starting location is Davie, FL. I still have to finish the second part of the trip. I would like to stay in California for 3-4 days and then drive up to San Francisco, stay there 3 days and then work my way west back to Florida. What I need help is figuring out what route to take so that we will see the Grand Canyon and other places along the way. Oh, I forgot to mention. I will be traveling with my husband and 3 sons (11, 8 and 6). Do you have any suggestions!! Hope to hear from you soon!
    Last edited by Mark Sedenquist; 03-28-2007 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Preferred URL format

Las Vegas, Nevada

Default What kind of RV?

Quote Originally Posted by dramc27 View Post
    This is my first roadtrip in my 1 year old RV.
    Sounds like a great adventure -- Welcome to the Great American RoadTrip Forum! Your schedule sounds pretty reasonable thus far. Are you an experienced RV'er? What kinds of places/stops interest you and your family?

3. Default

have a good time! my only suggestion is to think twice about going west to florida... there's a couple too many oceans in the way =s

Washington state coast/Olympic Peninsula

Default I-40

After San Francisco, go to Barstow, CA, and meet up with I-40. You can turn toward the Grand Canyon near Flagstaff. If you want, you can return to I-40 until Amarillo and then veer SE through Dallas and Shreveport to meet up again at I-10 at around Lafayette for the way home.