1. Default First timer in the US need tips on roadtrip: Dallas->New Orleans->Pensacola-->Miami

Hi All!
    I'm new to the forum but we are taking a roadtrip from Dallas to New Orleans to Pensacola ending up in Miami and wanted to know what attractions/restaurants/hole in the walls/ must sees there are along the way.
    Its my friend's first time in the US so we want to have a great time... PLEASE HELP! =)
    Thanks in Advance!!

Cheers~

Default When is the trip?

Quote Originally Posted by hktraveler View Post
    I'm new to the forum but we are taking a roadtrip from Dallas to New Orleans to Pensacola ending up in Miami and wanted to know what attractions/restaurants/hole in the walls/ must sees there are along the way.
    Welcome to the Great American RoadTrip Forum!
    Its my friend's first time in the US so we want to have a great time...
    It is going to be great, when will you be traveling and are you used to high temps and high humidity? It will make a difference with respect to our recommendations if we know how hardy you are under sticky, hot conditions. One of the RoadTrip Advisors, Lhuff, is a Louisiana local and I am sure she will be along to lend her expertise soon. But here is an excellent article by Scott Stanton that shares much of the wonder you can find between New Orleans and Memphis.

Mark

3. Default Appreciate the Help!

We are leaving tomorrow!
    Thanks for the link!
    We appreciate it! If anyone knows anything about Pensacola to Miami, please let us know.

Cheers!!

Default Good Luck!

Sorry I just got here. I've been sick, out of town, or crazy busy with work for the last week or so.

Weather right now is kind of nuts. It's going to be 87 today, but there is a cold front coming through and its going to be chilly with some nasty weather over the weekend. This goes for Dallas too. South Louisiana was very humid last weekend, but the temperature extremes aren't so bad down there.

So - are you heading south through Texas and then into Louisiana, or are you taking I-20 to Shreveport and then heading south? Just let me know and I can recommend some sights to see.

Laura