1. Default Las Vegas to San Francisco

Hi,
    I'm planning a trip to Las Vegas in Oct and we'd like to Drive from LAs vegas to San fran but I wont to break the trip up and over night somewhere approx half way between Las vegas and San Fran, however I dont know where to stay?! Please help!
    Suggestions and any info re best driving route and nice places to stop off at would be appreciated. thanks!

Default Lots of ideas here!

Quote Originally Posted by Carls08 View Post
    I'm planning a trip to Las Vegas in Oct and we'd like to Drive from LAs vegas to San fran but I wont to break the trip up and over night somewhere approx half way between Las vegas and San Francisco
    Well, for starters, you could look on the bottom of this page. This route is easily the most discussed route on the Forum -- last count about 1200 threads. To get you started look at the second post of this thread. In October, you could reach San Francisco by going through Yosemite National Park and so in that case I would stay in either Mammoth Lakes or Mariposa.

Mark

3. Default

I stayed at Lee Vining - a one horse sort of town, overlooking Mono Lake. The lake is great, especially at sunset, but there's not much to do after dark - except drink. Particularly memorable for being put in a cabin over the road from the main building .... the main building was ok, but the cabins looked like they'd not been updated for 40 years .... with a gas fire for heating, that made you think of Carbon Monoxide poisoning when you switched it on :)

4. Default

Drinking after dark sounds good to me! Lol
    Thanks, will look that up