1. Default Western US National Parks Tour

My boyfriend and I are looking to do a road trip national parks tour from the 3rd week of June until the first week of August, starting and ending in Austin, TX. I've camped a lot and we've been to a bunch of national parks already, but I was wondering if anyone had any good ideas for routes we should take- texas is way out there! We would love to hit Arizona, Nevada, CA, Utah, Washington, MT, Wyoming. We just have to be in Denver on August 2nd at the end of the vacation and then back to Austin. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated too. We're looking to rent/buy a conversion van or something similar.

Default Sounds like a great summer to me!

Quote Originally Posted by jenn123 View Post
    My boyfriend and I are looking to do a road trip national parks tour from the 3rd week of June until the first week of August, starting and ending in Austin, TX.
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn123 View Post
    We would love to hit Arizona, Nevada, CA, Utah, Washington, MT, Wyoming.
    Seems like a dream trip to me! Welcome to the Great American RoadTrip Forum! As far as routes go -- pull out either a paper map, or one of the online planning maps, ID all of the parks you would like to go to and play connect-the-dots!
    We're looking to rent/buy a conversion van or something similar.
    I think I would rent -- but here is some information about renting options and purchase options. Here is a checklist that you ought to print out and take with you when you pick up the vehicle, and here is a little more about RVing in national parks and visiting national monuments.

Mark

Default Awesome trip!

Hi Jenn-
    You will have a great trip with that much time to spend. Check out my account of my summer trip in the CO-UT-NV-AZ area and it might help.

First big RV trip Ohio to West

There's tons to see and do in the areas you will be. I agree with getting a US map and start putting sticky notes on the places of interest. It helped us a lot in getting a loop figured out.

Shelley, watch those original post dates. This trip would be long over because the post date was 2007. :-)

Donna