RoadTrippers A & R Guest

Default How do you re-name a link in a post?:

How to you re-name a link?
    I've experimented but I erase the link.

For Example:
    How would I make this a hot link that would just say Disneyland (in blue) instead of:

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disn...?name=HomePage

Default All is Explained

Here

I'm not sure that I can spell it out for you in the post without causing untoward results, but look down to the URL Hyperlinking box, and you want the second example.

AZBuck

Editor's Note: That link should only be used by someone who likes detailed info. I have enabled the short-cuts so you never have to use these tags. Send me a PM if you are still having difficulty with this.

Mark
    Last edited by Mark Sedenquist; 03-23-2007 at 03:15 PM. Reason: Added commentary

Default Slightly Simpler

There is also a way to do it without typing the html.

Just highlight the word or words you want to use for a link.

Then, just above the box where you type your message (but below where you type the subject) there is an icon with a globe and a chain. That icon is located next to the choices to bold, italics, or underline.

Click that link and you'll get a pop-up to type in the link. Enter the webpage you want to link to, hit ok, and your text will have a blue underline with a link!

4. Default Don't see those..

Interesting.. I've never seen those icons (and still don't see them). I see a title box, and directly below that the message box, with no icons.

So I guess I'll have to learn the URL tags at some point..

Default What browser are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by Larrison View Post
    Interesting.. I've never seen those icons (and still don't see them). I see a title box, and directly below that the message box, with no icons.
    The problem that Larrison was reporting was caused by one of the settings in the User Option pages. If this happens to you, please contact the Editor and we will resolve it for you.
    Last edited by Mark Sedenquist; 03-24-2007 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Explanations

Quote Originally Posted by Larrison View Post
    Go to your user options page and scroll down to the last option: 'miscellanious options' -- then ensure you have selected 'WYSIWYG editor'

Editor's Note: Craig is correct, in that those members who wish to use the WYSIWYG editor, may certainly do so, but most members will find that that they can do everything they wish to, in terms of format by using the Standard Editor functions. We have enabled the WYSIWYG editor for those members who are technically adept and like to have more control.
    Last edited by Mark Sedenquist; 03-24-2007 at 01:13 PM. Reason: Added explanation