RoadTrippers A & R Guest

Default 'Vegas, A Convertable, a pretty girl, and a Marriage license,,

Just recently got married.

My girlfriend wanted to drive to 'Vegas spend a week and get married there.
    So,, I gave her a new Honda s2000 for a wedding gift, and we took it.

Went to the local sign and banner shop and they put "Just Married" on the back window for $20.

You can do the same fun, cheap trip we did by renting a Mustang Convertable.

'Vegas at nite with the top down is really a nice place to drive around.

Oh brother can a little Honda hold stuff for a wedding.
    The new wife wanted to rent a gown in 'Vegas, but we discovered renting costs more than buying a gown,, so that's what she did.
    Nordstroms on Las Vegas Blvd had them on sale for a hundred bux.
    They get ya back on the cost of the shoes. I won't even mention what they cost.

OK,, back to the roadtrip:

We took the I 15 north outta Los Angeles.
    Outta the town of Baker, about 2 hours before 'Vegas two very nice v12 BMW's gently creeped up behind us and we all slowly ran the speed to 90,,,,, then 100,, then 120,,,, 130,,,,,, 138,, and the thought of a ticket at this speed crosses my pea sized brain and we all slowly drifted back down to 80MPH.

A stop at stateline for a rollercoaster run on the Desperado was in line,, and it's worth the 5 bux admission.

OK,, a week in Vegas:
    We decided to break up the Hotel stays.

The Hard Rock Hotel is excellent.
    We mentioned we're getting married to the front desk, and for $69 a nite they moved us to their finest rooftop suite GRATIS upgrade!!!

Views from our suite

I mentioned "is it the suite where the band member of the Who recently had the "incident?" "
    "Yes, we've re-painted and replaced the bed and carpet" - she replied.

Two nites later we stayed at "the HOTEL" at the Mandlay Bay.
    It's an exclusive hotel within the hotel if ya get what I mean.

The room was nice, but the entire Madalay resort is overcrowded, overrated,, and not so good.
    The pool was impossible to get into.

An employee suggested the topless beach there at the hotel is uncrowded.
    It was $50 bux more. My wife has a nice rack, and being Swiss is no stranger to this, but she check'd it out and said it was a bunch of creepy guys and topless "pro" waitresses,, so we passed.

Wish we had remained at the Hard Rock,, but we'll go back.

But then,, the last few nites we had the bridal suite at the Stratosphere.

The wedding chapel in the clouds is excellent, awesome view from the top of the Strat.
    Drinks at the top of the world after the ceremony was as good as it gets.

Everyone loved the service it was teriffic.
    Ya don't need to book an expensive package, ya can just get the chapel, and book everything else seperate.

We drove out to the outskirts of town one warm evening with the top down to a nice little club called the Bootlegger.
    Good prices, open 24 hrs, nice entertainment,, and ya never know what star might pop in and do a set with the house band.
    Celine, Tom Jones, Rob Thomas, yeah, even Wayne Newton,, they all pop in from time to time un-announced and the place is on fire with fun.

The drive to around and from 'Vegas is a blast.
    Especially in a convertable in the warm desert nites.
    Last edited by RoadTrippers A & R; 03-23-2007 at 05:19 PM.

Default That trumps a set of binoculars!

Quote Originally Posted by Ross & Alice View Post
    Just recently got married.
    Congratulations!
    My girlfriend wanted to drive to 'Vegas spend a week and get married there.So,, I gave her a new Honda s2000 for a wedding gift, and we took it.
    Nice wedding gift! Hmmm, I got a pair of nearly-waterproof binoculars from my bride -- still have 'em.
    Agreed -- here are some of the things we find fascinating about living and working in Las Vegas....
    the thought of a ticket at this speed crosses my pea sized brain and we all slowly drifted back down to 80MPH.
    Good plan -- I have seen some really, really bad wrecks on that road. Actually, the CHP, just takes away your car if you are stopped doing triple digits on that road.
    The Hard Rock is excellent.
    Thanks for this field report!
    We drove out to the outskirts of town to a nice little club called the Bootlegger.
    Outskirts of town? I live in Las Vegas and I am way, way south of the Bootlegger! Here is some more info about the Bootlegger!
    ...and the place is on fire with fun.
    Even going to the marriage bureau can be entertaining -- Megan went down there on Valentine's day this year!

Mark
    Last edited by Mark Sedenquist; 03-23-2007 at 12:01 AM. Reason: added link to the marriage bureau article

RoadTrippers A & R Guest

Thanks for the kind words.
    Nice forum here.

Congratulations!

I didn't have a convertible for that part of my last trip out west, but Vegas is an exciting place to drive about at night in anything. It seemed all the more nonsensical when I returned to Glasgow to see the kids driving around the block each Saturday night in our town centre, which is a good deal less glamorous!

I'm itching to get back there, I only managed to stay one night last time. I'm especially eager since I noticed that my usual car rental company now has, as well as Mustangs, Corvettes for hire!

Thanks for the report, you've spurred me on to find a way to get back soon.