1. Default East Coast Car Cruise Road Trip, Views, Hotels, and Must See's

Hi everyone im new to here and have been reading some of the post, of the east coast. so i thought i would post what my current plan is for the summer of 2008

im planning a car cruise, of a group of people traveling from
    Toronto - NYC - Virgina Beach - Miami - Back up to Montreal and we are finishing there (3400Miles)

from toronto to Miami, i have got a pretty good route already planned.
    just was more worried about the 25 hours drive from Miami to Montreal, and thinking of breaking it into 2 days, to a few hours of Golfing (9 holes), and was thinking of Getting a few laps at a race track ( only a hour still a full day to spend anywhere or to drive too).

i know we all have difernt views of what we like to see and do. just hopeing maybe some people may have some similiar intrest along the coast.

the main thing is i dont want to the same view coming from miami - montreal. so was thinking of heading more inwards off the coast a bit.

Default Lets rethink that

Welcome to the RTA Forum!
    just was more worried about the 25 hours drive from Miami to Montreal, and thinking of breaking it into 2 days, to a few hours of Golfing (9 holes), and was thinking of Getting a few laps at a race track ( only a hour still a full day to spend anywhere or to drive too).
    Well, you are going to need 2 days, because it is a 1650 mile trip along the busiest traffic coorridor in the US. Best case, you'll be looking at 31 hours on the road.

Even if you break this trip into 3 days, you'll have a hard time squeezing in a round of golf and a few laps at a race track.

3. Default

i know i can do the Toronto florida in 20 hours straight driving no stopping, done it in the past.
    so to break it into 2 days is more than enough, we love to drive.

so was more or less wondering what race tracks are along the east cost, since i know nascar is huge in the states as well as alot of racing events.

aswell as a few really nice golf courses, that blow your mind away.

or just some views, roads, some must see's before heading home.

maybe just a day in disney land. what do you think?

Default Pretty silly

Quote Originally Posted by TAGIIRally View Post
    i know i can do the Toronto florida in 20 hours straight driving no stopping, done it in the past.
    I love to drive, but this claim, if true, is just plain nuts. By the shortest possible route, this run would be 1350 miles/2160 Kms -- and if you made it in ~ 20 hours -- you would have been traveling in excess of 90 mph for long stretches. Not saying it couldn't be done -- but we are not fans of such behavior in high density population areas.

Mark

5. Default

i understand, im just saying its been done.
    and it was excess of 20 hours,

im not here to speed thats why i want to break it up into 2 days, its roughly 5-700miles a day which is not much, even if it took 31 hours to go from miami to montreal, with trafic and everything its a plossible non stop nuts drive. but to break it up to 10 hours of driving a day is not much at all, even if its 5 hours a nice lunch and break, shoot some balls, or do some laps, or take a nap. we have no real schedual as long as we hit montreal between 1 and 3 pm

the people i am traveling with will drive a solid 30 hours if they must, theres other drivers in the car as well, and if things get extreme we have precautions, mechanics, and our own drivers for them. safety is first. last thing i would want is my kids or any friends of mine, lifes in danger due to bad driving, dangerous driving or recless driving, or simply exhaustion.

iv driven with family many times to florida, but its straight to florida, no stops other than maybe a hour or 2 nap, at a truck stop. but i could barley see out the windows, to read signs and know whats around. and how gorgeous the United states really are. and thats what i want to know. and am looking for.

the breath taking views, the most unbelievable sites, hotels, spa's anything that can be driven too or lied down in and just relax, and reflect on how life is soo beautiful, and not just hecktic work all day.

thanks and im sorry if anyone was offended or anything by what was stated before. its hard to make things truley clear to everyone. and im sorry for that.

Default Different Strokes

Quote Originally Posted by TAGIIRally View Post
    im not here to speed thats why i want to break it up into 2 days, its roughly 5-700miles a day which is not much
    What we recommend around here is limiting a day's travel to no more than 500 miles. A 500 mile day allows for sufficient time to get out of the vehicle, stretch, take a walk and see something of the countryside and meet some people. Generally, we have found that a 500 mile day, driven east of the Mississippi River will require 9.5 hours of travel. A 700 mile day, when one takes into account traffic delays, fuel, food and rest stops and maybe even a stop to look at something will require about 13 hours of travel.

There is no question that you could drive faster, but there is no way to legally drive any faster. In order to average 65 mph on any highway east of the Mississippi River, over the course of a full travel day, it is necessary to travel in excess of 90 mph for long stretches.
    the breath taking views, the most unbelievable sites, hotels, spa's anything that can be driven too or lied down in and just relax, and reflect on how life is soo beautiful, and not just hecktic work all day.
    All true, but in my view, you have to find some more days for this endeavor.

Mark
    Last edited by Mark Sedenquist; 03-20-2007 at 08:08 PM.