1. Default Help going from AZ to FL

I am considering doing a roadtrip beginning in AZ and ending in FL. I ran across the specials that cruise america run and it seems that there one way specials would make for a good roadtrip at a resonable price. Anyone have any input on a trip starting in Mesa Az and ending in Kissimmee FL? I am not an experienced RVer but thought it would be a good option I for sure want to visit Biloxi and parts of Alabama gulf coast. I am a firefighter and was sent to work that area for a month after the hurricane. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!!!
    Ray

Default Can be quite an adventure

Quote Originally Posted by ocnjsurfer View Post
    I am considering doing a roadtrip beginning in AZ and ending in FL.
    Welcome to the Great American RoadTrip Forum! What was the drop-off rate that Cruise America quoted you? RV holidays can be great -- but they are rarely inexpensive. Here are a couple of resource articles for you. The first provides an overview about renting RVs, the second one is one you should print out and take with you when you pick-up the rental and the third discusses the various campground options.

Mark

3. Default

I always thought it was really expensive also but the information they listed is as follows:
    Only $48 per day, plenty of miles, no drop fee, including peace of mind insurance coverage, and standard size motorhomes accommodating a family up to 4.

I emailed them for more information. Thanks for the input

Default Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by ocnjsurfer View Post
    Only $48 per day, plenty of miles,
    What does "plenty of miles" mean? $48 per day does sound like a bargain. Oh, wait a moment-- You would be dropping in Florida? Sounds like they have a bunch of Florida inventory sitting in Arizona and need to get it back "home"

Mark