1. Default San Diego to Midwest

Hi I just found this website and was hoping that someone could give me some information for our summer trip.

My husband and I and our two kids, ages 7 & 9, are going to take a 5 week trip back to Illinois and Ohio. We plan on leaving around the end of June. I was wondering if anyone knew of some really fun family places to visit along the way. I have also been struggling with a place to stay that is close to Chicago. My friend that we are visiting lives in Hanover Park. We have also thought about visiting Cincinnati, but again I can't seem to find any rv parks in the area. I would appreciate any help.

Green County, Wisconsin

Default RV Parks

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

Are you mostly looking for RV Park information? One of the nice things about an RV is that you don't have to restrict yourself to only staying at RV parks, where you get your own little slab of concrete - you can stop and sleep pretty much any place it is legal to park overnight.

That said, you shouldn't have any problems finding RV parks near Chicago or Cincinatti. I've tent camped within 45 minutes of both cities, so finding a place to park an RV shouldn't be that difficult.

Be sure to read up on the articles in RTAs RV Trip Planning section, including the article about How to Find an RV Campsite.

3. Default San Diego to Midwest

Thank you for your help. On second thought, I think that we will stay in California for our rv trip this summer.