Thread: baja roadtrip

1. Default baja roadtrip

In 1956 I tripped from Tecate to San Luis Rio in Baja with no trouble at all. Has anyone traveled that way recently?

Default Is this San Luis Rio Colorado?

Quote Originally Posted by road tripper View Post
    In 1956 I tripped from Tecate to San Luis Rio in Baja with no trouble at all. Has anyone traveled that way recently?
    I haven't done that trip -- I am sure it is fine. Arizona Bob and Gen recently did a trip from Phoenix, Arizona to Guaymas, Sonora and had a blast. You can read about their experiences here. San Luis Rio Colorado is in Sonora, on the northwesten most edge of Baja California (is this the same San Luis Rio you were thinking of?)

Mark

Québec, Montreal, Arizona, California, France

Default San Luis, Sonora

Hi there!

San Luis Rìo Colorado is considered to be in the State of Sonora not in Baja but it is located on the border of Baja. I did some research on certain towns and sites in Baja since we considered going to Baja before we decided to go to Guaymas so if you need information on specific destinations, tell me.
    Last edited by Mark Sedenquist; 03-20-2007 at 12:13 AM.

4. Default Phoenix to La Paz

Quote Originally Posted by road tripper View Post

I drove with a couple friends from Phoenix to La Paz a couple years ago and had no problems at all. I am not sure where San Luis Rio is, but going to La Paz we traveled pretty much the entire length of Baja and had a great time meeting nothing but friendly people. We were not stopped at any checkpoints on the way down and stopped a few times on the way back to the states. At first it is a little odd seeing what often seems to be pretty young kids/men with rifles taller than they are. But, like most people in most places if you are cool to them, they are cool to you. If you have any specific questions just let me know...

RoadTrippers A & R Guest

I used to do the drive too.

It's becoming popular again.
    The race was from San Felipe to the tip of Baja, but now the course has changed to approx Rosarito to the tip.

Many are doing it on dirtbikes, quads, jeeps,, and even a Rhino/mule/ranger trips are happ'nin'.