1. Default Houston tx to New york

We are planning to do a trip from tx to ny in 4 days. How do you find points of interest along the way? Would love to see anything of interest?

Thanks for any advice,

Tucson, AZ

Default The Basics

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

The easiest way to find major points of interest along any route is to get a good map and just see what's along the way. Depending on the quality of the maps, this will let you see which national and state parks, wildlife refuges, historical sites and the like. Many maps also mark particularly scenic roads. The other basic way that I find possibilities along the way is to do web searches. I always start with the same basic search:

{name of state or town} tourism OR attraction

Now that's the Google format, but you get the idea. Then just follow the resulting links to where they lead and you'll get more ideas than you can possibly use. Just those two basic techniques are all you really need to find the things that really appeal to you. Your basic route is up I-59 and I-81 along the spine of the Appalachians, so there will be lots of great scenery. What else might you be looking for?

3. Default

I tried to search by the states we are passing but the states are big and I don't know how to search by the routes we are taking. We would like to see the historical places. I love history, museums all different kinds of things. Hopefully we will find some interesting diners ( I love the Mom & Pop diners ) you get alot of help from the locals.

Thanks I will try to get a closer look at our route we are taking so I can see the cities/towns we will be passing I didn't think of that until you responded

Keithville, LA

Default State Tourism Sites

Decide what states you are interested in and then go to the individual tourism sites for the states (try googling Arkansas Tourism Bureau). If you have enough time before the trip you can request packets from the state. Often you can denote what kind of info you are looking for.

Also - as you are driving just let yourself go and follow signs or pull off into interesting looking towns. I've had some of my cooler adventures by doing just that.

Here's a link to a trip I did from Louisiana to New York, Vermont, New Hampshire, etc with a stop at the US Grand Prix.

Last edited by Mark Sedenquist; 03-18-2007 at 09:53 AM. Reason: URL Format