1. Default rv trip this fall

hi guys/gals, planning a rv trip this November from vegas want to try and get to, bryce canyon,grand canyon,sedona,L A, to san francesco up the coast road,yosemite,death valley,then back to vegas,hired a 32ft rv for 16 nights.
    Do you think it will be possable to do all this,and should i book sites to stay before i leave home(England) or as i travell.
    Any help/advice would be welcombe thanks

Default A matter of personal choice

Quote Originally Posted by minstrel View Post
    hi guys/gals, planning a rv trip this November from vegas want to try and get to, bryce canyon,grand canyon,sedona,L A, to san francesco up the coast road,yosemite,death valley,then back to vegas,hired a 32ft rv for 16 nights
    Whew! That is a lot of driving in an unfamiliar vehicle, on the "wrong"s side of the road. Welcome to the Great American RoadTrip Forum! Reservations: Just about all of the campgrounds will still be open and so I don't think you really need or, in this case should pre-book reservations. I would recommend that you purchase a camping guide and carry it with you as you travel. Here is a short overview about finding RV parking spaces/campgrounds. Here is a checklist you ought to read and print out and take with you when you pick up your rental RV and although you have already rented the truck, here is some more info about these types of rental options.

But looking for a moment on what is possible:
    from vegas want to try and get to, bryce canyon,grand canyon,sedona,L A, to san francesco up the coast road,yosemite,death valley,then back to vegas
    I think the first leg Las Vegas > Bryce could be done as a two-day trip (here is a field report that I took on this leg) Bryce to the Grand Canyon (south rim) is another day (night 3) South Rim to Sedona, Cave Creek and over to LA would be a very long day (perhaps you should plan to stay overnight near Phoenix (night 4) -- I really like the RV camping at McDowell Mountain Regional Park and then head into Los Angeles (night 5). There are lots of camping choices in the LA area, but I like the Eastshore RV park in San Dimas another choice is Featherly Regional Park. LA to San Francisco up the Coast Highway is a very long day and I would recommend stopping at one of the roadside state beaches overnight (night 6) Two nights at Yosemite ( nights 7 & 8) Two more nights at Furnace Creek in Death Valley (9 & 10) and then back to Las Vegas. Obviously with a total of 16 days, you can add some more stops. This looks like a wonderful trip!

Mark
    Last edited by Mark Sedenquist; 03-17-2007 at 04:51 PM. Reason: added some trip commentary

3. Default thanks

thanks for the info Mark,very interesting reading