Thread: odd trips

Default odd trips

I don't want to stir up any "Psycho" memories here, but what is the weirdest thing thats ever happened to you on the road?

Las Vegas, Nevada

Default I have seen plenty of odd things on the road

Quote Originally Posted by hippyman View Post
    I don't want to stir up any "Psycho" memories here, but what is the weirdest thing thats ever happened to you on the road?
    Well, let's see -- how about the weirdest "rescue"? In October, 1995, we were traveling in the Phoenix One on some back roads in Maine and we were nearly out of gasoline. It was a late Sunday afternoon and we pulled into this parking lot on the side of town in Bowdoinham, Maine, that was adjacent to a closed Mobil Fuel station. We weren't sure if the Mobil was still operating, but there was a sign that looked like it might be open on Monday and so since we were out of fuel and low on money and I figured we would just park there overnight and see if we could find anyone around on Monday. I decided to pull-up to the pumps and shut down for the evening. There was no one around and it again, it looked like the Mobil had been closed for at least a couple of days or more/

As soon as I shut-off the engine -- I glanced in the mirror and saw a man, fully decked out in an old-fashioned filling station uniform standing at the pump adjacent to the filler pipe on our truck. He was not phantom -- although I was not entirely sure about that until I got out to unlock the fueling door.

"Alan Frizzle" ran the pumps on machines that (seemed old) and filled all of our tanks and charged a pittance of the going rate for fuel and then disappeared. To this day, I am not sure where Alan came from or how we knew we were out of fuel, but there is no doubt that he "rescued" us that day.

Last edited by Mark Sedenquist; 03-06-2007 at 12:32 AM.