1. Default Hey any suggestions?

Hey guys i plan on takeing a trip with my girlfriend and few friends, and we are taking our jeeps so i was wondering if any of you had any good ideas on where we could go because I'm looking for where we can go offroading and just have fun and camp out where it is just going to be us and no people for miles. So if any of you have suggestions that would be awesome thanx!

Default We need more

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

I think you'll have to tell us more if you want any useful information. For example, where are you starting from and how far are you willing to travel?

3. Default ok

Um well we are starting from wisconsin and it dosent matter how far because we will be doing it during the summer and we have as much time as we want, but also if there is no place like out in the the dessert i thought mabey going to a beach or sumthing where we could drive on and camp on the beach or both if any 1 knows of any good places caause we could go to both if any of you had any ideas. O but the whole point of the trip is for us to get away so we really dont wanna be by civilization, besides like driving on the road.

Default Desert

I think your best chances of getting away from civilization will be found in the desert Southwest, since most beaches tend to attract the populace in the Summertime.

Wherever we hook the RV up. We have been full time RV'ers for about two years.

Default Getting away from civilization

The desert SW is a good place as mentioned, in particular the Dragoon Mountains in SE Arizona is a great place to go camp in the cool mountains and be close to the desert at the same time.

Another place to get away from civilization without leaving it would be Padre Island North just outside Corpus Christi, TX. The National Park North has miles and miles of beach that can be camped on, driven on, and some of the best fishing you could ever hope for, if you fish. Less crowded the farther South you drive from the entry point, and very reasonable. Just drive out South Padre Island drive and it becomes the park road, then just a few miles after you enter the park, you will drive right on the beach at the end of the paved road and after the visitor center. Many visit the park, but not that many drive South on the beach and camp there.

Happy camping.

Default A Norther Option

While I have no doubt you could find some solitude in the Desert, I'd actually think the other direction. Head North, Way north, as into say Northern Ontario or Northern Manitoba. There's lots of parks and open space, and very few others to enjoy them.

If I had the time and the desire, that's exactly where I would go.

7. Default mexico?

what about mexico, theres not that much forest down there, but there are beaches, places to camp right and we could have fun going 4x4 right? I actually have never been out of the country though does it cost alot if we were?

Default Mexico has forests and mountains too

Quote Originally Posted by no3dg3 View Post
    what about mexico, theres not that much forest down there, but there are beaches, places to camp right and we could have fun going 4x4 right?
    Yes, along the coast there are beaches, there are also mountains and just about every other terrain -- no glaciers though... You ought to read this field report from two RTA correspondents, who like you, had never traveled in Mexico before.

Mark