1. Default Denver - LA Roadtrip late April?

I'm British and I've never been to The States before but I'm planning a roadtrip in April and this is my idea, a mix of sports, cities and the big sights that I think I would like to see.

I'm going to spend a weekend in NY and then fly to Denver where the road trip begins

Day 1 - Drive to Breckenridge to ski
    Day 3 - Drive to Moab to mountain bike
    Day 4 - Drive to Bryce Canyon
    Day 5 - drive to Vegas (take a flight over the Grand Canyon to save driving there)
    Day 8 - Drive to Yosemite
    Day 9 - Drive to San Francisco
    Day 12 - Drive to LA
    Day 13 - The End

Comes to just under 2000 miles of driving.
    Please let me know what you think and if I should make any changes before I book all the accommodation

Tucson, AZ

Default Possible Problems

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America forum.

There are no show stoppers with your plan, just a few things to be aware of.

Breckenridge currently plans to close for the season on April 22, but could close earlier if there's not enough snow. So you could get there and find no snow, no lifts, no skiing.

Tioga Pass (CA-120) over the Sierra Nevada mountains between Las Vegas and Yosemite will almost certainly still be snowbound, requiring the long drive around the mountains by way of Barstow, Bakersfield and Fresno. It can be driven in a day (~490 miles), but you won't get to see much of the park the evening you arrive.

The drive from San Francisco to Los Angeles is another of those drives that can be done in a day if you just take the Interstate (motorway), but could easily take two days if you take the scenic Pacific Coast Highway (CA-1) and stop and enjoy some of the attractions and sights along the way.