Default All advice welcome!!!

Hi, Im from Dublin in Ireland and I am currently planning to do a road trip across America, over the course of a year hopefully. Im just looking for anyone who has or is also planning on doing this to give me a few words of wisdom about it!!!! Like, I'll be working my way across with a friend staying in one place long enough to get money together to move on to the next! There's so much I wanna see and do that any bit of advice no matter how small will really help!!!

So if ya can help, thanks!!!!!!!

Default DHS Restrictions

Quote Originally Posted by xstephx View Post
    Hi, Im from Dublin in Ireland and I am currently planning to do a road trip across [America,
    Welcome to the Great American RoadTrip Forum!
    Like, I'll be working my way across with a friend staying in one place long enough to get money together to move on to the next!
    I am not sure your tourist visa will legally allow you to either a) work in the United States or b) stay here for a year.... However, it a good plan if you can work laborer or temp labor jobs for a few weeks in between moves -- I would also suggest you get this book and read the tips. It was originally written for retired RVers but there are plenty of ideas in the book that you can use too. I would also read all of the threads in the Discount RoadTrip Forum (and follow those recommended links) for ideas on saving money while on the road.

Happy Planning!

Mark

I did a sort of mad-hatter dash across america, and what i found was that the most breathtaking places were in the west. So, i would suggest you start in the east, and work your way to the west.
    See the Badlands in North Dakota before you see something like Bryce Canyon (highly suggested!)
    -try not to be in the deserts and canyons around july-aug- it's harsh!
    - do the highway 1 drive from San Francisco to Oregon- beautiful!
    - The drive from Arches to Bryce along the interstate is through 100 miles of desert and is like nothing else you've seen, except maybe a drive through Monument Valley at sunset.

all for now :)

Default Land of Now-Here

Quote Originally Posted by mikphire View Post
    See the Badlands in South Dakota before you see something like Bryce Canyon
    Welcome to the Great American RoadTrip Forum and thanks for your suggestions. I have always wondered where the "land of nowhere" is. I prefer to read that as "Now Here" and I think it is as good a metaphor for roadtripping as any I know.
    -try not to be in the deserts and canyons around july-aug- it's harsh
    But popular! The busiest month for Death Valley is August -- it is full of sun-burnt northern Europeans....
    - The drive from Arches to Bryce along the interstate is through 100 miles of desert and is like nothing else you've seen, except maybe a drive through Monument Valley at sunset.
    It is an unworldly place. Thanks for the comments!

i have looked into visas i can get a green card that will allow me to work for a year in america...