1. Default Spring Break in Utah!

Hello folks...this is certainly an interesting Web discovery; a forum full of roadtrip freaks!

Anyway, this Spring Break I'm considering spending a few days exploring the state of Utah. I'll be leaving from Tempe, Arizona on Tuesday, March 13th, and traveling 500 miles north to Richfield, Utah. However, from there.....I don't know where I should go.

I want to see as much of the state as possible, while maintaining a nice balance of primary US/state roads, back roads (no dirt roads, please...my car doesn't like them), and Interstates. This roadtrip is all about exploration, scenery, and going places I haven't been before.

I'd much rather check out some of the nicer, but lesser-known attractions in the state. I've already been to Zion NP (and might be going again soon), so we can skip Southwest Utah for the time being. Stuff like lakes, state parks, scenic drives, etc; I wouldn't mind seeing Bryce and Arches and Capitol Reef, but those places are expensive to get into.

Aside from that, I'm pretty much open to anything, as long as I can get back to Tempe by 6:30 AM on Monday the 19th.

Thanks!

Default Plenty of paved roads in Utah

Quote Originally Posted by howlincoyote2k1 View Post
    Hello folks...this is certainly an interesting Web discovery
    Welcome to the Great American RoadTrip Forum --
    Anyway, this Spring Break I'm considering spending a few days exploring the state of Utah. I'll be leaving from Tempe, Arizona on Tuesday, March 13th, and traveling 500 miles north to Richfield, Utah. However, from there.....I don't know where I should go.
    it is pretty hard to go "wrong" in Utah -- for starters is I-70 and you might enjoy stopping at all of the places I mention in this field report.
    This roadtrip is all about exploration, scenery, and going places I haven't been before.
    One of my favorite uses of time!
    I wouldn't mind seeing Bryce and Arches and Capitol Reef, but those places are expensive to get into.
    You ought to consider getting a Golden Eagle pass - here is another field report about Bryce and Capital Reef.

On your way back to Tempe -- take the loop through Monument Valley (it is great this time of year).

Mark