Thread: Motorhome help

1. Default Motorhome help

hi there

we're 4 brits planning a road trip from seattle/vancouver and ending in LA, for a month in september this year. we may want to include a trip down to mexico as well.

we obviously have a lot of research to do and there are some fantastic ideas of places to visit on this forum, but can anyone suggest where we can rent a motorhome/winnebego on a reasonable budget. we're not looking for anything particularly flashy.

thanks!

rob n abi

2. Default Questions to consider

For a motorhome rental, I don't have any experience with any one company so I can't help you there (I've never done it), but I'd suggest a couple of things for you to think about while you are planning.

First, my guess is that it will be very expensive to pick up a motorhome in one place and drop it in another -- I could be wrong, but I think it may be difficult to find any agents or companies that will even allow this. If there are, it will be very expensive, I think. You might try to start and end in the same location somehow -- if you can, this problem goes away.

Second, you may have difficulty finding a company that will allow you take their motor home across the border into MX. Even car rental agencies that allow this are uncommon (although there are a few).
    Last edited by Robert Schaller; 02-11-2007 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Clarity and conciseness!

Default We have two articles you ought to read!

Quote Originally Posted by English Bob View Post
    we're 4 brits planning a road trip from seattle/vancouver and ending in LA, for a month in september this year. we may want to include a trip down to mexico as well.
    Welcome to the Great American RoadTrip Forum! Like Arizona Bob mentioned, I don't think you can legally take a rental RV into Mexico. Here are some tips and suggestions for renting a RV and here is a check list you ought to print out and take with you when you go to pick up your reserved rental.

Mark