1. Default Texas to California..Mid March

I am driving from west Texas to the San Diego area for a week to 10 days in Mid March. I was going to see what everyone thought about these ideas..

1.) Looking at Craiglist, and I see alot of people wanting to rent out their spare bedrooms for VERY cheap.. In some cases staying in someone's million dollar home is comparable or even cheaper that many hotels.. Is this a good idea?

2.)I want to make my way up the entire state starting at the San Diego area and possibly visiting Berkeley.. Is this mini trip worth it? Or should I stay in the Southern part?

Green County, Wisconsin

Default Priorities

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

The idea of renting a room from someone is interesting. I don't know of anyone who has tryed it. There would be some safety concerns you'd have to take into consideration, but it might be worth looking into.

As far as a trip to Berkley, that's going to depend upon how much stuff you want to do in Southern California. You could have enough time to cover the distance in a week to 10 days. Just keep this in mind, the mileage from San Diego to Berkely is almost identical to the distance from El Paso to San Diego. In other words, you would be adding a pretty major amount of driving to your trip. I should also add, that once you get to the Bay area, you would still have another 400 miles of California to the north, if you really want to make your way up the entire state.

With 10 days, you could do any or all of it, but the farther from home you travel, the less time you'll have to explore the places where you do stop.