1. Default road trip between Denver and San Francisco

We'll be driving between Denver and SF in June/July, would like suggestions on the best route, approximate time and mileage.

Default What are the parameters for the best route?

Quote Originally Posted by sunsetraveller View Post
    We'll be driving between Denver and SF in June/July, would like suggestions on the best route, approximate time and mileage.
    Welcome to the Great American RoadTrip Forum! We never know what "best route" means. Would this be the most scenic, the fastest or the shortest? If you would share with us what kind of roadtrip this is, we may be able to offer all sorts of advice. One possible route would be I-25 to I-80 which is about 1270 miles and will require two days of driving. Another route will use I-70, one of my favorite stretches of Interstate highway and another might use US-50 and cover the entire distance via two-lane highways.

So what are you looking for?

Mark

3. Default best route between Denver and San Francisco

I probably would like to take either I-25 to I-80 or the interstate using your favorite stretch of highway. I usually fly into SF and drive down the coast but this time want to drive Denver to SF. Any info you might have on suggestions for hotels, restaurants, etc between Denver and SF would be great. Thanks.
    Kai