Default Road Trip to texas

Ok hello i am new here.So hi all.My girlfriend and I are planning a road trip from Connecticut to Texas.We will be renting a car and leaving in mid feb.I was wondering if anyone had any advice as to what i might need to bring.Also what are some good sights to see along this path i know it takes about 26 hours to get were i am going.I am willing to take a day or two extra to get there.So please let me know of any good stop and stuff i should plan on bring.Thank you

Tucson, AZ

Default Generally Speaking

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

As far as what to pack, there are many theories on that, from bare essentials to serious overkill. There have been a couple of threads in the past, that while a bit on the long side, do lay out various strategies that people use and their rationales. Have a look at this one (don't let the topic put you off) and this one.

Where, exactly, in Texas you're headed will make a significant difference in your routing - "Texas" is a big target - but in general the kinds of things you have to look forward to are the Appalachian Mountains ad Shenandoah Valley in Virginia and Tennessee, the Mississippi and Red Rivers through the central south, and whatever flavor of Texas is your destination. There are several great scenic, historic and cultural highlights along that general route, so again, people will need to know where you're headed and what appeals to you and your girlfriend before they can make specific recommendations.