1. Default Help With Spring Break Road Trip

Hello four of my friends and I are planning a road trip for spring break march 17 - 24 and we are having trubble puting everything to gether. I have asked around a most people have said leave you planing open because that way you can go where the weather is best. We live in dayton,ohio and are planning on spending as much time as we can on a beach and warm weather. Does anyone know of any good beach camp grounds anywhere on the east coast, also any cool local bars and attraction such as tubbing. We are all around 21 and 22 years old and like to camp, any input will help thank you.
    Last edited by SigEpWoogie; 01-22-2007 at 04:56 PM.

Tucson, AZ

Default Time to: Drive, Look Wistful, Drive

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America forum.

To guarantee warm weather on the west coast, you're looking at southern California. From Dayton to anywhere between Los Angeles and San Diego is well over 2100 miles. That leaves you driving for 3-4 days to get there, dipping your toes in the water, and driving for 3-4 days to get home. That's it.

The Gulf Coast is nearly 1300 miles closer and gives you the chance of at least spending some time actually in the water. Have a look at places like Mobile, Pensacola, and Biloxi before committing to what would be (perhaps literally) a killer drive.

3. Default

Sorry I mean East Coast Sorry about the Type-O

Tucson, AZ

Default Well Now That's Completely Different!

Although my favorite stretch of beaches on the east coast is Cape Hatteras and Cape Lookout National Seashores, mid March is going to be a good bit early in the season for that to meet your desire for warmth. You're probably going to have to get at least as far south as Georgia for that, so check out Cumberland Island National Seashore and in Florida, Little Talbot Island State Park and Canaveral National Seashore. Other than those three, I'm not aware of any public facilities with beach camping, although I'm sure there are commercial campgrounds available. I'd book ahead myself, given that you're going to be there a week, the weather is going to vary no matter where you decide to go, so just try to be ready for anything. And don't completely give up on the Gulf Coast either.

Last edited by AZBuck; 01-22-2007 at 09:59 PM.

5. Default Just a suggestion

I just came from roadtrippin East Cose...

There's a place called as Rose Island in Rhode Island. It's a spooky little island in the middle of an ocean only reachable by boat. It has a 300 yr old lighthouse kept in a good condition with other age old stuff inside. I and my two friends got to keep the whole island (it has a small beach too!) for ourselves for whole day and night. There's nothing interesting to do inside apart from few board games, but still a completely different experience all together!

Do think over it!! Though it may be a little expensive...

Las Vegas, Nevada

Default Wow, thanks for the insider tip

Quote Originally Posted by senseless.reconnaissance View Post
    There's a place called as Rose Island, in Rhode Island. It's a spooky little island in the middle of an ocean only reachable by boat.
    Sounds pretty fun. Thanks for the idea.