Default Anyone try the DLO Transdock Micro FM transmitter?

I'm impatiently waiting for mine...it had good reviews but was impossible to find. I had to order direct from DLO. I have the SanDisk Sansa, if that makes a difference.

Just wondered if anyone has tried one compared to other transmitters.

Default You are ahead of the curve

Quote Originally Posted by lnewman View Post
    I'm impatiently waiting for mine...it had good reviews but was impossible to find.
    Not being a fan of an iPod, I didn't, (until a moment ago) even know what one was. I hope you let us know how it works once it arrives!

Mark

Default What's old is new!

I don't know anything about the specific product you are looking at, but I do take a little joy in knowing the fm transmitter for portable electronics has made a comeback.

10 years ago, I owned a similar device that I used to so I could use my portable CD player in the car. While cassette decks and tape adapters were a fairly common way to travel with CDs at the time, I only had an old analog am/fm radio (complete with the mechanical scan feature that actually moved the dials) and the little device worked wonders. It only cost $20 or so, and it even came with an adapter so you could run both the transmitter and the CD player off of the same cigarette lighter.

Now that cassette players are virtually a thing of the past, and IPods are the new portable electonic toy, its nice to see this technology make a comeback.

And I figure, I'm so rarely ahead of the curve on something, I should enjoy this moment while I can!

Default We are THE curve

Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Michael View Post
    And I figure, I'm so rarely ahead of the curve on something,
    As knowledgeable roadtrippers -- we ARE the curve in terms of roadtrip advice. Actually, your comment prompted me to remember that in the Phoenix One -- the CD changer worked via one of these doo-hickies -- so I guess in 1993 we were plugging along that adoption curve too.

Mark

Didn't you have the acoustic coupler/"Iguana" to thank back in Big Bend? Same thing, right? What's old is new again.

Default Okay, I've got it!

Very easy to use and sounds great.

I had always carried a dozen plus CDs with me, especially on trips up north as the radio stations that were worth listening to were few and far in between. However, I rarely like more than two or three songs per CD, so I spent more time shuffling around than actually listening.

I asked for an MP3 player for Christmas and Santa was very obliged. Since I had an extensive collection of music on my laptop, and had lately been downloading songs as opposed to buying whole CDs, I had no trouble "syncing" my laptops' music library to my MP3. And I am not the most tech savvy.

Anyway, this FM transmitter doo-hickey just plugs into my ciggie lighter. The other end plugs into my MP3. I set my stereo to an unused frequency, match the transmitter to the same frequency, and hit play on the MP3. Very easy. I like knowing that every song that will play is sonething I want to hear, and that I won't have to mess around with a bunch of CDs, so I can concentrate on driving, not figuring out which CD has what on it.

It was a little pricey (the DLO TransDock was highly recommended and was $69.99; I could have spent less but I feared that the sound quality might suffer). I have seen them in Wal-Mart and the like for a lot less.

Very handy to have, and well worth the money, in my opinion.

Default Thanks for the report!

Very easy to use and sounds great.
    Good to know -- I may have try one sometime.
    Very handy to have, and well worth the money, in my opinion.
    And I much prefer the thought that you are able to focus a little bit more on the driving activity with this gadget!

Thanks again,

Mark

Default That Iguana is still with us

Didn't you have the acoustic coupler/"Iguana" to thank back in Big Bend?
    I am not sure it really is the same thing -- since the Iguana would translate analog sounds into a digital sine wave, but I guess it really is in the same family.

Mark