1. Default Challenging trip North

Hey gang, I was hoping that someone could help me out here. My wife and I are looking at flying into Alberta. Airport is flexible but looking at Grande Prairie. We wanted to visit family there for a week then we were hoping to rent a car and drive to Anchorage then fly back to Georgia USA, however, it appears the rental car companies don’t allow this. Then we are looking at alternatives such as . GP to Whitehorse to Dawson, do the Top of the world highway to TOK then back to Whitehorse then fly back home. Problem is the rental car companies again and one way drop offs. Can anyone recommend alternatives to any of this? The main thing is this, leave GP, do the Alaska Highway (final destination in that area nego.) but we need to drop off a rental and fly back to Georgia. Man, I gotta tell ya, it seems almost impossible... any ideas? Thanks folks !!!! Wango

Green County, Wisconsin

Default That is a tough one

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

I really can't think of a great answer for you. I can see where you will have a hard time getting a rental company to agree to a one way rental for this trip. Is there anyway you can make this a round trip? That really seems like it would be the simplest way to solve your problem.

Otherwise you might have to try flying from BC to Alaska and then do a round trip rental from there.