1. Default Driving from central Florida to Southern California in mid February

My family and I will be moving on mid February from Florida to California and I have no clue how the roads are (flat vs. mountainous roads?), what kind of weather we wil enconter , temerature and perecipitation etc. I would appreciate receiving your thoughts and experience. I will drive a doege Grand Caravan AWD 2000 that seems to be reliable at least for the past 18 months I had it. Thanks a lot. Happy New Year

Default The Basics

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

Without knowing the specifics, I'm guessing you'll be taking I-10 for the majority of your trip. That is a pretty flat route, gaining some elevation through New Mexico and Arizona, but nothing too major.

As far as weather goes, you could see pretty much anything along that route in Mid-Fed. You could see perfect weather, you could see ice or even snow. There's just no way of knowing until you are just a few days away from your trip.

I'd recommend getting your car checked out before you take off. That's good advice for any trip, but 7 Years is a point where things can start to wear out, and its always better to get problem spots fixed before you head out on the road than it is to have problems develop mid-trip.

Default Relativity

Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Michael View Post
    I'm guessing you'll be taking I-10 for the majority of your trip. That is a pretty flat route, gaining some elevation through New Mexico and Arizona, but nothing too major.
    Just wanted to add, that "flatness" is entirely in the mind of the beholder. I-10 does cross the continental divide and does climb some relatively small passes in Arizona. As a road surface I-80 is actually much "flatter" than I-10 as it makes it way across the country (until it hits Nevada and California -- with the Donner Pass crossing!).

In mid-February, you will have a good chance for ice and snow flurries in Texas, New Mexico and Arizona. Even better chance for rain in the east and in California.

Mark