1. Default Chicago to Daytona Beach

I am taking a roadtrip from Chicago to Daytona Beach, leaving January 6th. Are there are interesting little places to stop on the way? We'll be taking the highway but would still like to find cool weird places to stop along the way.

Default Should be an interesting ride weatherwise!

Quote Originally Posted by pizzababe85 View Post
    I am taking a roadtrip from Chicago to Daytona Beach, leaving January 6th.
    Hope you like snow.... the back end of that storm that just walloped Denver will likely still be tracking its way eastward about the time you hit the road. Welcome to the Great American RoadTrip Forum!
    Are there are interesting little places to stop on the way?
    Probably several hundred such places, but here are a couple that come to mind... The shark-feeding exhibit near Newport, Kentucky is comprised of a 85 foot acrylic tunnel that allows visitors to walk through the middle of where sharks are fed daily. Berea is the official folk arts and crafts center for Kentucky and if you like antigues and folk arts, it is worth a stop. Surprisingly, Berea is also home to a very good Mexican restaurant according to our colleague and fellow road geek, Dave Hunter, whose 2007 Along 75 I will be reviewing next week.

This is not really quirky, but Holiday Inn offers an unusual motel accomodation in Chattanooga, Tennesseee -- you can stay overnight in a restored Parlor sleeping car. Marietta Georgia has a vintage diner that never closes and there are several posts about places I have enjoyed visiting in Florida. Use the search (above) to find these and also be sure to look at the bottom of this page.

Happy Planning!

Mark