Default Christmas in the South

I am from Wyoming and this will be our first Christmas away from the snow and cold. We live in Baton Rouge and would like to take a road trip right after Christmas. We would like to stay in the south any suggestions would be wonderful. We would like to maybe see some snow but know that it may not be possible. Thanks

Default A long ways from home

Quote Originally Posted by countrygirl77 View Post
    I am from Wyoming and this will be our first Christmas away from the snow and cold.
    Welcome to the Great American RoadTrip Forum! I was born in Cody and know the southeastern section of the state quite well.
    We live in Baton Rouge and would like to take a road trip right after Christmas. We would like to stay in the south any suggestions would be wonderful. We would like to maybe see some snow but know that it may not be possible.
    With El Nino rolling out that moisture in the Gulf, some snow flurries are still possible in Texas and points east. Probably not in Baton Rouge though! How far to you want to drive and how long do you have? A trip along the Great River Road is fun, Memphis is always great, Austin could get chilly enough for you. What kinds of places interest you?

Mark

We have to be back by New Years Eve, and I have two daughters ages 4 and 8 so there would have to be a few fun stops along the way. We are pretty open to anything. I have been leaning a little bit toward Tennesee just so I could see some mountains or at least hills! Oh and by the way I am from Green River.

Default Searching for Snow

I can certainly relate to what you're looking for. I know in the couple years I lived out West, I certainly enjoyed a trip up into the mountains to see a little snow.

I think heading towards Tennessee is an excellent idea, and even if you can't find "real snow" you should be able to at least find a little bit of the manmade variety.