1. Default first roadtrip North Carolina-Any suggestions

Hi.
    I am starting to plan a roadtrip to go on with three of my friends. I want to find fun stops that are sort of off the beaten trail. I would really appriciate any suggestion about stops in north carolina. Thank you!

PS. i wouldnt mind any fun stops that are on the beaten trail, as long as they are interesting

Default Been a little too long, but...

Quote Originally Posted by sportsriot23 View Post
    I am starting to plan a roadtrip to go on with three of my friends.
    Welcome to the Great American RoadTrip Forum. It has been a while since I was in North Carolina, but there are a couple of places near I-75 that are worth a look. The first is that crazy billboard at about mile 54 of the tractor trailer upside down... Another awesome view is the nightime parachute drop they do near Ft. Bragg -- there is also a Special Ops museum on base and of course, South of the Border is THE definition for tacky tourist stop.

Also you might want to your three friends take our roadtrip compatibility quiz!

Happy Planning!

Mark

Default Welcome

Welcome to the RoadTrip America Forum!

One thing that would help us to help you would be to know what you are interested in - would off the beaten path imply natural wonders or urban environments?

Also, when are you planning on taking this trip? Sometimes the weather can be iffy in the hills.

4. Default May I suggest the Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill area?

Quote Originally Posted by sportsriot23 View Post
    Hi.
    I am starting to plan a roadtrip to go on with three of my friends. I want to find fun stops that are sort of off the beaten trail. I would really appriciate any suggestion about stops in north carolina. Thank you!

PS. i wouldnt mind any fun stops that are on the beaten trail, as long as they are interesting
    Especially if you're into college sports, no place better than visiting Duke University and UNC-Chapel Hill campuses. Duke's west campus is gothic in style and very pretty.

Travel down to the end of I-40 and see a bit of Wilmington and the NC beaches. There's a lot to see in NC.