Thread: NPS Brochures

Default NPS Brochures

Not sure where I should post this so, if this is the wrong place, please move it. Thanks!

I was just looking through some of the stuff I picked up on my trip to the SW United States and I rediscovered several of the NPS issued brochures which you are given when you enter a national park.

Unfortunately I only seem to have three or four and I would like to 'fill in the gaps' - is there anywhere I could pick up the missing brochures without having to return to the location concerned? (I'd love to, of course, but there's so many more places to visit!)

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Default Online or Mail

I'm pretty sure you can often find pdf versions of those brochures on the National Park Service's website.

If you can't find the ones you are looking for, I'm sure you could write or call the park service and have them mail you copies of the ones you are looking for.

Thanks for the suggestion of the pdf versions - will search those out. Would really like hard copies if that is possible (sad, I know!) but the information offered by searching on Google suggests that the NPS don't do this. I presume due to cost, maybe I'll contact them and offer to cover their costs and see if that works?

Wow! Not only did the NPS reply to my email (getting a reply from an organisation like that doesn't happen in England... ever) but they are going to mail me the brochures I want. Very cool :)

Default Great to know!

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Antill View Post
    but they are going to mail me the brochures I want. Very cool :)
    Craig, Thanks for the follow-up Intel!

Mark

Wow! I just got in from work to find a huge envelope jammed through my front door... the brochures, as requested, have arrived already! I'm gonna write and thank the NPS for their superb service. They really are a superb organisation, a credit to the US.

Default Shhhh

Wow that's impressive - a government agency that's both helpful and efficiant?

Great to hear the news, just don't say it too loudly, or the NPS will probably get its funding cut!

The only other goverment agency that ever actions anything that promptly is the Inland Revenue!