1. Default Trip From Nyc To New Orleans..need Help!

Hey roadtrippers,

Me and a close friend are going on a road trip from New York City to New Orleans from December 22 to January 1, 2007. We are not sure where to stop. We're two young guys and are looking for some fun and exciting things to do along the way. What are some good places to stop? We havent done this before and I'm sure there is someone who can help us greatly. We would like to do as much as possible. All trip routes will be greatly appreciated. If someone has a good route we can take stopping one day at a time please share.

THANKS.

-Leland

Default Is this one way or round trip?

Quote Originally Posted by RoadTripper 1130 View Post
    Me and a close friend are going on a road trip from New York City to New Orleans from December 22 to January 1, 2007.
    Welcome to the Great American RoadTrip Forum! I wasn't sure from your post -- is this a one-way adventure or do you need to get back to NYC by the 1st? One way it is about 1300 miles, which will take you most of three days (at a reasonable rate, with time to look around and explore) or two days if you drive flat-out and don't stop except to sleep, eat and get fuel.
    If someone has a good route we can take stopping one day at a time please share.
    I am afraid I don't understand what you are asking here.

Once we know how much time you have and what kinds of things interest you, we can provide some more info about routes.

Happy Planning!

Mark

Default Details

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

I'm guessing by fun and exciting you mean cities and nightlife?

The most direct route goes through remarkably few major cities considering it runs the length of the Eastern US. That would mainly use I-81, I-75, and I-59 to get you to NOLA. However, Knoxville and Birmingham are the only major cities of note after Philly.

You could also modify the route and go through Charolette and Atlanta, it would be a little longer but not that much more. You could also start out going more west before cutting south, going through Pittsburgh, Cincinatti, and Nashville.

There are also lots of scenic options, and other variations possible, It just depends upon what sort of things you'd be interested in doing.