1. Default Cleveland to NYC

Hi all-

We will be driving from Cleveland to NYC with 2 infants (twins) and 4 adults.

We need to stop overnight on the way. Any suggestions for a good halfway point or another good place to stop that is clean and inexpensive?

Thanks in advance

Also, if anyone has any information that I should know about construction on I-80 I'd appreciate it

Tucson, AZ

Default Try These

Cleveland to NYC is 'only' about 460 miles and it's a straight shot on I-80, so in a pinch you could make it in one day's drive. If you are going to take it easy and stop around half way, that would put you in the vicinity of State College, PA (Bellefonte is the town near the Interstate). This is good in that there are a large number of motels in the Bellefonte/State College area to service visitors to Penn State University, so you'll have a good choice. But it's bad in that, if you happen to be travelling on a weekend when Penn State is hosting a football game, they can all be booked solid. Personally, I have generally found the best combination of value and cleanliness to be in those chains that are just above the lowest priced motels. These would include Day's Inn, Clarion, Comfort Inn and the like. The best info on road construction generally comes from the Highway Commissions of the various states: Ohio, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey.