Default Taking the scenic route

Hello to all you road trippers out there. I need your help

My names Andy and i live in England. Im currently planning a massive four month solo road trip around The US and Canada. Ive set up a website all about my trip. I would be honoured if you would visit it and let me know what you think.

I should quickly explain what im doing. Basically im starting in New York, on the 1st May 2008 and heading north into Canada, across Canada into Alsaka and esentially returning back to New York from there.

Anyway back to the point, Im having trouble with some certain aspects of this trip. The key problem is the car, I wish to buy a car in New York, but i cant find any information, on how i can do this, for example what can i do about insurance etc... So please can anyone out there help me?

Tucson, AZ

Default Start With Some Research

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

The topic of foreign nationals buying cars in the US or Canada, getting insurance, and overcoming the additional hurdle of operating in both countries has come up on these forums from time to time. The key seems to be to check with as many of the 'proper authorities' as you can. You can start by checking these past threads (Thread_1, Thread_2, Thread_3) and also using the Search function on the green toolbar at the top of this forum. Then get in touch with the nearest Canadian and US consulates. It would also be worthwhile for you to poke around the New York DMV web site. At least you've got lots of time to get things completely in order before you arrive on these shore. Good Luck.

Default Thanks

Cheers mate
    I probably should have looked further into the forum before posting, but oh well. You seem to know a fair bit about this area, and luckily enough I do have some time on my hands. so i have no excuse not to get any of it sorted.

I shall keep posting about my progress