1. Default Indiana to Gulf of Mexico

Hey everybody! My guy and I are starting plans to take a roadtrip from South Bend, Indiana to Venice, Florida in the middle of May, probably from about the 14th to the 24th. (Our anniversary is May 16th and his birthday is May 22nd, so we're planning on being there over these days) His family has a condo on the beach, so we're staying there, but I'm thinking I want to make the actual trip a fun experience too, because we'll be on the road for 18+ hours. The Mapquest directions say that most of the trip will be on US-31, I-65 S, I-24 E, I-75 S, traveling South from Indiana to Florida, passing through Kentucky, Tennessee and Georgia. (If that means anything to you, haha, because I just go where the signs say to turn!) We are planning to take a day and travel the hour-ish trip to Busch Gardens. As far as things to do for the trip, do you have any suggestions? Thanks in advance. :)

Default A wee bit optimistic!

Quote Originally Posted by MallieMarie View Post
    Hey everybody! My guy and I are starting plans to take a roadtrip from South Bend, Indiana to Venice, Florida in the middle of May,
    Welcome to the Great American RoadTrip Forum! Sounds like a grand adventure. Um, by the shortest possible distance that is 1200 miles and it will require every second of 23 hours to drive that distance in May. I hope this not planned as a non-stop cruise? For most drivers that would be two full days of driving (or 4 of the 10 planned for this trip). Two drivers could do it non-stop, but that can be very exhausting and not very safe.
    The Mapquest directions say that most of the trip will be on US-31, I-65 S, I-24 E, I-75 S, traveling South from Indiana to Florida, passing through Kentucky, Tennessee and Georgia.
    Around here, we prefer the mapping application provided by Google Maps, but the choices are very simliar.

We can offer all kinds of suggestions on places to check out, but it would be helpful to know how much time you are allocating to the journey.

Mark

3. Default

Well, we are just in the very beginning stages of planning this road trip. There will be two of us driving, but I doubt we'd be actually driving straight through. (I can't go that long without a shower.. haha). I'm not sure yet, but I'm almost positive we'd either rent out an inexpensive room, like a Holiday Inn, or pull over for a few hours at a rest stop, depending on how we feel and everything. I'm new to the whole road trip thing. :D