1. Default Arkansas Road Trips

Hey guys. I am still saving up for a massive cross-country road trip, but have found myself indulging in short, but very cool road trips around my home state to keep me sane. Highways 7 and 9 are both great trips and I have made several different variations of them. (Little Italy in Arkansas is very little indeed. I only seen two italian names on mailboxes on my way through!).

My next trip, tommorrow, is the Talimena Scenic drive between arkansas and oklahoma. Ive read a few things, so I gots to go. Has anyone else driven it or heard anything about it?

I am amazed at how enjoyable these short "jaunts" are. There is just so much to see and do around where i live. Arkansas even had a short road trip printed in National Geographic Traveler recently! I am begining to feel a little overwhelmed at my plans to try to road trip the entire country!

Anyways Happy Travels,

Las Vegas, Nevada

Default The "secret" of 20 Hour Roadtrips

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin of Bauxite View Post
    I am amazed at how enjoyable these short "jaunts" are
    Some of the best roadtrips I have taken were limited to 20 hours in duration. Great to hear about the Arkansas trips. Arkansas is a very cool state to go exploring in. Here are some thoughts about those "secret" 20-hour roadtrips.

Keithville, LA

Default Where in Arkansas are you?

I'm right outside of Shreveport, so in other words the dead middle of the Ark-La-Tex. I'm sorry to say that my travel knowledge of Arkansas is pretty much nil. But - I am pondering going up to Queen Wilhelmina State Park sometime in November for a weekend. Do you know anything about it?

Also - please report back about your jaunts in Arkansas. I'm the queen of the 8 hour Saturday, "must exit the general area of Shreveport before I go nuts", roadtrips.