1. Default Holiday Trip from California to Florida

Hi everyone,
    My wife and my 3 kids (ages 2, 4 and 10) are planning on driving our RV from California to Florida on Dec 19 to spend our holiday in Walt Disney World. This is my first time traveling this far and I'm not sure what to expect weather condition wise. Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated. Also, let me know if you have any RV campsites suggestions. Thanks a bunch.
    -Gilbert

2. Default

From Atlanta thru Orlando you will be fine weather wise. It doesn't usually snow here at all in Atlanta, but if it does it isn't usually until January, and sometimes we are still in shorts. You just never know but chances of bad weather that early are slim. If you are looking for cool character breakfasts for disney, my kids favorite is Chef Mickey at the Contemporary resort. We go a few times a year and have been to almost all of the breakfasts, and that has been the most popular (they also have character dinners there too), their next favorite was Crystal Palace in Disney world. (My kids are now 5, 9, and 15, but have been going since my 15 yr old was 3) We also just went to the Hoop-de-doo review at the Wilderness resort campground this weekend. It was a show so it was $50 per adult and $25 per kid after tip and everything but it was all you can eat family style ribs, corn, chicken, cornbread, beer, wine, soft drinks, milk, juice. Several of my friends have gone and their kids wanted to go back, so that is why we tried it. I would not have thought it was something we would have enjoyed, but the kids absolutely loved it. It was 2 hours long and the kids were enthralled the whole time. We were there with another family, and we had 6 adults at one table, and 5 kids at the table next to us, and the kids did not once, fuss, or ask when we were leaving. We were laughing and just enjoying ourselves. The most relaxed meal I have had with kids. I highly suggest it.

Québec, Montreal, Arizona, California, France

Default Southern Route

Welcome to the Great American RoadTrip Forum Gilbert!

My wife and my 3 kids (ages 2, 4 and 10) are planning on driving our RV from California to Florida on Dec 19 to spend our holiday in Walt Disney World. This is my first time traveling this far and I'm not sure what to expect weather condition wise.
    Weather conditions are always very hard to predict. It'll most likely be cold, but you could run into any kind of weather : sunny, cloudy, icy, rainy, some snow is not totally out of the question, although I never encountered any when travelling the southern route. Orlando will be mild, but not necessarily very hot. You usually have to go further south to really experience the heat (Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, Key West). Just make sure you make reservations several months in advance in Florida, it gets so crowded during the Holidays you can have a hard time just finding a place to park!

Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated. Also, let me know if you have any RV campsites suggestions
    I think this post might be right up your alley.

Happy planning!
    Gen

4. Default RV campsite

Friends of mine rented RV's for Christmas last year and stayed at the fort wilderness resort campground. I don't know if they would be booked up yet for christmas. They had full hookups and they said all the amenity's were great. Had the Disney flair, so kids were entertained.

5. Default

Thank you Moglie and Gen for your replies. I guess we will not be spending holiday in WDW afterall, I called today and they were already fully booked for the whole month of December. Kids and wife are so disappointed. Maybe next year - I'll make sure that I book ahead of time.