1. Default planning a november road trip

hiya....
    can anyone tell me if the route from San Francisco to Yosemite NP to Las Vegas is open bet 6th Nov-14th Nov??/ And also any advice on what route to take?? it is my 1st road trip in the US (i am a Brit!!!) and have not got a clue!! Any ideas of how long that trip will take/or how days are needed??
    Also any ideas of where to stay in SF and LV??...that are not too expensive??

Default There is always a route open (just not "that" one)

Quote Originally Posted by alpuri View Post
    can anyone tell me if the route from San Francisco to Yosemite NP to Las Vegas is open bet 6th Nov-14th Nov??/
    Welcome to the Great American RoadTrip Forum! There is always a highway route open between Las Vegas and San Francisco and by the fastest route, the distance can be covered in about 9-10 hours. But the route over Tioga Pass (or some of the other mountain passes) are subject to closure from winter snow. In fact, we have a lottery-of-sorts running on this very issue here....
    Also any ideas of where to stay in SF and LV??...that are not too expensive??
    I like to stay at the Golden Gate Holiday Inn in San Francisco and I recommend the South Coast in Las Vegas.

As far as routes go, this is easily the most discussed road trip on this Forum -- look at the bottom of this page for more ideas

Happy Planning!

Mark
    Last edited by Mark Sedenquist; 10-09-2006 at 03:42 PM. Reason: added a note

3. Default planning a november road trip

please can anyone give me an idea of what the weather in SFO and Las Vegas will be in november.
    also how many days would u recommend in L.V. and at the Grand Canyon???
    trying to fit in SFO, Yosemite and LV into 8 days (incl driving from SFO to LAS)???

Default A lot of resources

Quote Originally Posted by alpuri View Post
    please can anyone give me an idea of what the weather in SFO and Las Vegas will be in november.
    That information is easily available from current data. If you go to WUnderground and enter the name of the city and state, you can get all sorts of weather related information. But in general terms, it will be gorgeous in both places. Las Vegas temps (without looking up the data) are generally in the 60's and 70's during the day and San Francisco will be similar.
    also how many days would u recommend in L.V. and at the Grand Canyon???trying to fit in SFO, Yosemite and LV into 8 days (incl driving from SFO to LAS)???
    Well, it is a day's drive from SFO to LAS (as was mentioned in my last post....) But to answer your question -- If you take three days between San Francisco and Las Vegas, you could do brief stops at Yosemite and Death Valley, it would be easy to spend a week in Las Vegas and two days at the Grand Canyon.

Mark