Default Based in Cleveland

First time Poster here.

and Im looking for an Idea for a Day Run to do in a few week, I know if I do the "get in and see where the car takes me" it will be along a nice, but very familiar route. I'm wanting to do something a little different.

Default Daytripping

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

Well, there are two ways to look at this. The first is to look for a new destination. In that case, you might want to consider places like Letchworth State Park in NY; Allegheny National Forest, Pittsburgh, or the Historic National Road in Pennsylvania; the caves and hikes of central Ohio, and the US Air Force Museum in Dayton; and the Ford Museum in Dearborn, MI.

The other way to approach this is to find new ways to get to your destination. I seriously doubt that you've driven every road in Ohio, so just set yourself some off kilter challenge, like getting to your turnaround point by using only US highways, no interstates, or make it more challenging and use only state highway, or even county trunk roads. the point is to slow down and enjoy the journey, making yourself look at the countryside your travelling through in a whole new light.

AZBuck

Default Daytrip

Quote Originally Posted by Bmorrison View Post
    I know if I do the "get in and see where the car takes me" it will be along a nice, but very familiar route.
    Why is this necessarily the case? There are many good day trip rides in the Cleveland area - you have the option of sticking with the cities, heading out into the country, or doing a little bit of both. You can have both coastline and farmland without travelling for too long or too far.

What are your interests?

the thing is "the usual trip isn't that bad a trip, it's just so familiar, I usually drive west from Downtown Cleveland along US Rt 6 until just west of Sandusky, cut over to Rte 2 to go over to the Marblehead Peninsula and Usually turn around at Port Clinton. I Just want something different