Thread: Foliage & Wisc

1. Default Foliage & Wisc

Hi,

This weekend I'm planning to be around Kettle Moraine, WI, for the leaves, then will head up somewhere on the north of it. Any interesting spot near Menasha, Manitowoc, Two Rivers and Green Bay ? I have no exact plan yet besides heading from chicago to the Moraine, after that please help me with some idea.

thanks
    -kem

Default Timing couldn't be better

Quote Originally Posted by romerun View Post
    This weekend I'm planning to be around Kettle Moraine, WI, for the leaves, then will head up somewhere on the north of it.
    Our resident expert, Midwest Michael is getting married this weekend and so I don't think he will be able to offer his local intel, but I do know that this weekend is looking like the peak of the season (about two weeks earlier than normal).

Here is the latest foilage report for the region And here is the report for that section of Wisconsin.

Mark

Default I'm not dead yet! (with apologies to monty python)

Well there is always Door County, which is beautiful, if not a little over touristy and possibly crowded at this time of year.

What I would do if I was in your shoes, is to spend some time Touring of the Waterfalls in Marinette County. Most of them are very accessable, requiring you to take nice short hikes to get back to them. Touring all 14 of them will take you the better part of the day. I was up there last year around this time and probably saw 8-10 of them, but I didn't start until afternoon.

You could also check out some of Wisconsin's Rustic Road which are designed to highlight scenic areas of the state.

4. Default

Thanks Michael, at the last minute, we decided to visit the Door County which is our first time, super impressive. The foliage wasn't topnoch but the towns, the bays, and foods were so great, we are planing to revisit in the next couple weeks since we left many spots unexplored.