1. Default Honeymoon Road Trip

this is still in the early planning stages, but here are our thoughts, so far.

8th July fly in to Seattle
    22nd July fly out of LA

the idea is to drive down the coast, only really going in land any distance for the redwood national park.
    we want to spend a couple of days in san francisco seeing the sites, and a day or two in both la and san diego.

so is this possible or are we trying to fit too much in? any suggestions, comment or help would be bloomin marvellous.

thanks

mark

Mark,

Consider seeing Mt Rainier, Mt St Helens and Crater Lake on your way down.

UK

3. Default

thanks for that UK. we've spent about a month in Oregon over the last two years and visited Mt St Helens, it was fantastic. we'll check the over recommendations, thanks.

mark

Québec, Montreal, Arizona, California, France

Default West Coast Honeymoon

Hi Mark!

Welcome aboard the RTA Forum.

so is this possible or are we trying to fit too much in?
    I think it is totally doable!

any suggestions, comment or help would be bloomin marvellous.
    While I know very little about the Pacific Noth West I can provide you with some information about the southern part of your trip. But first, take a look at these posts : 1 2 3. As for the PNW, check out these threads : 4 5.

I think you have enough in these posts to fulfil your needs. However, if you need more specific information, let us know and we'd be glad to help you!

Congratulations and have a nice trip!
    Gen

5. Default

thanks very much for all those forum links (sorry i didn't look harder first myself). we'll give them a good read, looks like they will do the trick.

thanks again.

6. Default Sounds like a nice trip..

Hi mflfc,

Sounds like a good trip -- 14 days is a goodly period of time to come south along the coast from Seattle.

There are some very nice and romantic spots to stay along the way, including Lake Crescent Lodge on the Olympic Pennisula in Washington (there's another also on the western side of the pennisula, who's name escapes me for the moment).

Check out the cites given, and if you put together a rough itenerary we all might be able to add some places to visit to it or help fine tune things a bit.

Default 14 days will give you time for a nice trip

Quote Originally Posted by Larrison View Post
    There are some very nice and romantic spots to stay along the way, including Lake Crescent Lodge on the Olympic Pennisula in Washington (there's another also on the western side of the pennisula, who's name escapes me for the moment).
    I think Larrison is probably referring to Kalaloch Lodge. They have rooms in the lodge itself and little, separate cabins. If you get one on the cliff with a great beach view, you've got it made. This is right on the coast out in the middle of no-man's land between Forks, WA, and the Lake Quinault area. Beautiful, breath-taking scenery, and great beaches to explore. I particularly like Ruby Beach which is just a few miles north of the lodge. However, the beach right in front of the lodge itself is also fantastic.

There are some nice places to stay in Lake Quinault area as well. For romance, I would recommend the Lake Quinault Lodge....while the new part has better views of the lake and fancier amenities, I love the old, original lodge and that's probably where I'd choose to stay.

8. Default Brainlock

Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    I think Larrison is probably referring to Kalaloch Lodge. [ ... ] .
    Bingo! That's it.. brain lock on my part I'm afraid. Thanks Judy

9. Default

Kalaloch Lodge sounds like a must, i'll check it out.

as son as we have a basic plan of action i'll bung it up here. thanks again for all your help, it's much appreciated.

mark