1. Default From Orlando to Boston

Hello, I'm planning a road trip from Orlando to Boston (2 or 3 days to go staying one week there and 2 or 3 days to come back). The trip will start at December 13. I'm going with my best friend (30) but our wife’s will go there by airplane. So, we would like to know the best way to get there with the best places to visit. Different ways to come back are very welcome. Our preferences are historical places, great views (nature and urban), national parks, sports, High-Tec, cars, Off-road.

Thanks for your help!!!

Las Vegas, Nevada

Default A 1300 mile jaunt!

Quote Originally Posted by ssjj23 View Post
    Hello, I'm planning a road trip from Orlando to Boston (2 or 3 days to go staying one week there and 2 or 3 days to come back).
    Welcome to the Great American RoadTrip Forum! That is a long ways for a two-day trip -- it is only 1300 miles, but east coast driving is simply more tiring than a similar distance in the west. And that is 1300 miles by the shortest possible route. If you zig-zag and take advantage of some of the tips you will find on this Forum -- your one-way mileage could easily exceed 1500 miles which would require three full days, driving 9.5 hours each day. The 9.5 hours takes into account some of the slow-downs you will hit on your route due to traffic congestion, stops for fuel and rest breaks but does not allow time for much sight-seeing.

It certainly can be done -- but before we give you a whole bunch of time-consuming route choices it would be helpful to know if you really have those three days transit each way or you will be trying to do it in two....

Be sure to look at the bottom of this page and the other pages you look at -- as we list similar routing threads there.

Happy Planning!

3. Default I got the time!!!

Thanks for your response.
    We have the entire three days to do the trip. Only that now we are not going to Boston, instead our destination will be New Jersey.

Thanks again.

Western/Central Massachusetts

Default Change

Your change to going to New Jersey will give you, on a guess, about 5 hours more time to enjoy your trip, each way.

Where in New Jersey are you headed, and do you still have a week to explore? An interesting view in New Jersey is from the imaginatively-name highest point of the state: High Point. I would find a way to fit in a trip to Skyline Drive in Virginia, too, but there is a chance it may be closed (weather-permitting).

You will be passing through some of the most important areas of our nation's history along this corridor; Revolutionary War, Civil War areas abound, for starters. Valley Forge, Manassas/Bull Run. Washington, D.C., Philadelphia are both viable options for your trip.